- Yale Law School, J.D. (2003)
- University of Missouri, B.A., Philosophy, summa cum laude (2000)
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP (2006-2011)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Judicial clerk for the Hon. Duane Benton (2005-2006)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri, Judicial clerk for the Hon. Nanette Laughrey (2003-2005)
Mr. Kennedy is a partner at Gutride Safier LLP. Prior to working with Gutride Safier LLP, he conducted complex litigation at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, where he successfully litigated some of the world’s largest patent cases for both plaintiffs and defendants. He helped achieve complete defense jury verdicts for Google in the company’s only two patent trials—both of which were in the Eastern District of Texas, the favored venue for plaintiffs. On the plaintiffs’ side, Mr. Kennedy successfully represented Sony Electronics in enforcing ten digital television patents in a series of lawsuits spanning five jurisdictions.
Mr. Kennedy is proficient in software development and other computer technology. He has developed a number of software applications, and is the lead inventor on a United States patent involving homomorphic encryption.
Mr. Kennedy clerked for one year on the Eighth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, and two years on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
Mr. Kennedy is admitted to practice in California, Washington, Missouri, and numerous federal courts. He received his juris doctorate from the Yale Law School.